Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: The fragile Nizo

  1. #11
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    I think one of the big reasons Nizo's get such a bad name, is that they use belts, actual rubber belts in the cameras, which obviuosly can break, and were probably not ever meant to last 20+ years.
    All Nizo's are now around 20 or more years old, so they are prone to be on their last leg of the belt, unless it's already been replaced before you get it.
    But that's also probably what makes the 60XX line so freakin quiet!
    Whatever they did, it works, because there's no kind of "blimping" material or design in the body of the camera, so it must be that.
    It's worth the risk, if you ask me.
    I love my 6080.

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  2. #12
    8th Man
    Guest 8th Man's Avatar

    Post

    Nigel I'm not sure I quite understand you. Are you saying that because they no longer make super8 cameras Braun made an inferior product ,or that it would be difficult to get parts for repair? Because almost all great makers of S8 cameras have pulled out of this market years ago.

    ------------------
    PRM

  3. #13
    Nigel
    Guest Nigel's Avatar

    Post

    I am saying that they make great razors. But, if you need parts for a very great camera don't count on it.

    Good Luck

    ------------------

  4. #14
    Supa-eight
    Guest Supa-eight's Avatar

    Unhappy

    Nice to hear info about the 6080's and the voltage issue. I would be terrified to find out my circuit board got fried because I threw some new Duracells into it. I have a weird question about the lenses on the Nizos. You see, being the smart guy I am I used a dust gun while running the camera to free a hair from the inside of the camera, or from the back of the lens. Problem is, the damn dust gun shot out some of the moisture air that we are all familiar with and so now there is a fogging on the back of the lens. Although it doesn't noticably affect the picture quality I can't hate but think I could be getting a better image if the fogged back lens was cleaned. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? I would hate to think I'd have to take the camera apart. I was thinking that if I could blow some hot air back there while the camera is running the condensation might evaporate? Maybe a hair dryer? This is probably another one of my dumb ideas. Has anyone else done this mistake and found a cure?

    Thanks in advance

    ------------------

  5. #15
    Nigel
    Guest Nigel's Avatar

    Post

    There may be some residue. I would send it to a tech to have it cleaned. Good Luck

    Try Irv.
    www.irvhigdon.com

    ------------------

  6. #16
    Hanthx
    Guest Hanthx's Avatar

    Talking

    Irv's technician for Nizo's is okay, he has to be pushed to get the job done, but if you want contact www.Merzbarn.com they deal specifically in Nizo's or Dr. Peters who also specializes in Nizo's and a good technician-- [email protected], the downfall is they are both in Germany.

    Irv is a great place to start though!

    Scott


    ------------------

  7. #17
    Hanthx
    Guest Hanthx's Avatar

    Post

    Correction

    Merzbarn is located in London, and our money isn't worth as much as it tis in Duetchland.
    Still, look em up, its worth it.

    S-

    ------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •